Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's hear it for the CNAs!!

I have spent the last couple of days as a CNA in a SNF. (To those of you who don't speak medicalease... that is a certified nurses assistant in a skilled nursing facility). Well, I am not a CNA, but I assisted them. I changed bed linens, gave showers to residents, dressed them, combed their hair, spritzed them with perfume, gave them their "nourishments" ( that is code for mid-morning, afternoon and bedtime snacks!), served them lunch and dinner and just provided conversation. I had a great time and I definitely have a new appreciation for those workers who do the majority of the work and get paid the least amount of money. I guess it just goes to show that until we walk a mile in someone's shoes, we really don't know how hard their job is or is not. So, let's hear it for the CNAs!!!
P.S. I just thought this guy was cute, so I put his picture in here... he he he he

No comments:

Walk it out....